The latest version of my CV can be accessed here. If you'd like a copy of anything not linked here, please email me!
- in prep. Deriving SVO word order in Nukuoro.
- under revision. Syntactic ergativity without inversion.
- to appear. Maintaining syntactic identity under sluicing: Pseudoclefts and voice (mis)matches. In Proceedings of WCCFL 39. [lingbuzz]
- 2022. Abstract ergative Case without morphological case. In Proceedings of NELS 52, 259-272. [lingbuzz]
- 2021. Nukuoro (Nukuoro Atoll, Pohnpei State, Federated States of Micronesia) - Language Snapshot. Language Documentation and Description 20:145-153. With Johnny Rudolph. [pdf]
- 2020. Morphological and syntactic person restrictions in Caquinte. With Zachary O'Hagan. In Proceedings of NELS 50. [lingbuzz]
- 2019. A Nukuoro origin story. With Johnny Rudolph & K. David Harrison. Pacific Asia Inquiry 10(1): 141-171. [pdf]
- in prep. Hanu kai ma hanu daalanga o Nukuoro. [Tales and stories of Nukuoro.] With Johnny Rudolph, Itaia Fred, Vave Ezekias, and Gerson Leka.
- in prep. Muna Nuguolo: A Nukuoro phrasebook. With Danko Taboroši, Betty Amon, Benjamin Ludwig, and Johnny Rudolph. Pohnpei, Micronesia: Island Research and Education Initiative (iREi).
- 2021. Nukuoro Field Materials (2019-24). California Language Archive, University of California, Berkeley. With Mina Lekka, Johnny Rudolph, Ruth Rudolph, and Lydia Ding.
- 2021. Nukuoro Documentation Project. With Johnny Rudolph.
- 2020. Nukuoro Talking Dictionary. With Gregory Anderson, Mina Lekka, Kurt Erwin, Maynard Henry, Johnny Rudolph, Ruth Rudolph, & K. David Harrison. Living Tongues Institute for Endangered Languages.
- 2023. Syntactic ergativity without inversion: A composite probe analysis of ergative extraction. NELS 53, University of Göttingen. [poster]
- 2022. The decline of ergativity in the Polynesian Outliers. COOL 12, University of French Polynesia. [slides]
- 2022. Argument extraction restrictions do not constrain sluicing. WCCFL 40, Stanford University. [handout]
- 2022. Syntactic ergativity in Nukuoro. Ling Lunch, MIT. [handout]
- 2022. A'-movement restrictions are salvaged by deletion. "You're On Mute" Ellipsis Seminar, New York University. [handout]
- 2022. Ergative typology and the architecture of case. Department of Linguistics Colloquium, Harvard University.
- 2021. Abstract Case without morphological case. NELS 52, Rutgers University. [handout]
- 2021. Sluicing in Nukuoro: Pseudoclefts and voice mismatches. AFLA 28, McGill University and National University of Singapore. [handout]
- 2021. Maintaining syntactic identity under sluicing: Pseudoclefts and voice (mis)matches. WCCFL 39, University of Arizona. [handout]
- 2021. Syntactic ergativity without morphological ergativity: An argument for abstract Case. LSA 95, San Francisco. [slides]
- 2020. Two case studies in morphological person restrictions. With Madeline Bossi and Zachary O'Hagan. CamCoS 9, Newcastle. [slides]
- 2020. A compositional semantic analysis of participant number. LSA 94, New Orleans. [poster]
- 2019. Morphological person restrictions and the pressure to realize local persons. With Zachary O'Hagan. NELS 50, MIT. [poster] [handout]
- 2019. Secondary number agreement in Karuk. With Line Mikkelsen. Syntax and Semantics Circle, UC Berkeley. [handout]
- 2019. Participant number is not syntactic. Syntax and Morphology Circle, Stanford University. [handout]